August 13th was Earth Overshoot Day. Less than eight months into 2015, mankind had already gobbled through a year’s worth of the Earth’s resources. This got me thinking about whether the demands of the planet and the demands of the retirement crisis might just overlap.
(Photo: Wikimedia Commons) The 2015 White House Conference on Aging only happens once every ten years. It is an opportunity to go big and bold, to set the table for needed architectural change in how we address the looming retirement security crisis. Strengthening Social Security and mobilizing savings is...
In January, I wrote a piece for Next Avenue on my personal experience with retirement insecurity. I couldn’t have anticipated the warm response — nor could I have envisioned the outpouring of support and stories so similar to my own and many friends. To our readers, thank you. It...
Search The Site
- Review: ‘55, Underemployed, and Faking Normal’ is a wake-up call
- What I Learned In The Recession That Might Help You Now
- 55, Unemployed and Faking Normal: Part 2 of the Elizabeth White Interview
- Friday Book Club: 55, Underemployed and Faking Normal
- Opinion: You’re likely to be out of a job in your 50s — 4 ways to prepare and minimize the pain