I wrote the book on bouncing back from financial rock bottom. Literally. I am meeting people who are going to food banks and living in their cars after having lost their homes. That’s financial rock bottom. I was at risk, careening dangerously close to the edge, but I did...
I never thought it would happen to me. All my life—working at the World Bank, getting my M.B.A. at Harvard Business School, starting my own retail company—I thought of retirement as golfing in Florida (not that I really wanted to). Even after my business failed—taking most of my savings...
Search The Site
- Review: ‘55, Underemployed, and Faking Normal’ is a wake-up call
- What I Learned In The Recession That Might Help You Now
- 55, Unemployed and Faking Normal: Part 2 of the Elizabeth White Interview
- Friday Book Club: 55, Underemployed and Faking Normal
- Opinion: You’re likely to be out of a job in your 50s — 4 ways to prepare and minimize the pain